What is ISP?
ISP is a two-month partnership designed to help you solve your firm’s pressing issues and give M.S. in Commerce students the opportunity to collaborate with companies like yours on a real-world problem.
What benefits do companies get from ISP?
- Detailed and actionable recommendations that provide your company with immediate value
- Refreshing ideas, inventive thinking, and original perspectives
- Access to talented students and the ability to raise your company’s profile among future job recruit candidates
- A stronger relationship with both the McIntire School of Commerce and the University of Virginia
- Recognition as a McIntire Corporate Partner
How do companies participate?
- Frame your issue for students
- Give details via conference calls and email
- Come to Grounds to watch 15-minute presentations
- Provide feedback
- Offer students real-world business experience in a high-stakes situation capable of influencing managerial decisions
What do successful ISP projects look like?
Well-scoped business problems accompanied with specific data are valuable learning tools that yield meaningful insights for sponsors. Consider questions such as "Should our business..."
- Launch a new product?
- Enter a new product market?
- Enter a new geographic market?
- Build a new plant?
- Shift an existing product to a new target demographic?
What is the financial commitment for ISP?
ISP sponsorship requires a $15,000 annual contribution to the McIntire School of Commerce. In addition to the many benefits of ISP sponsorship, sponsors also receive benefits and recognition in the McIntire Corporate Partners Program.