Working in close partnership with leading accounting, IT, and consulting firm Ernst & Young, McIntire continues to find more ways to welcome academically gifted minority students into the McIntire community and encourage lifelong success.
Through key initiatives such as the EY Diversity Pipeline, started in 2011-2012, McIntire seeks to support and include such students whether they’re already enrolled in the School, interested in enrolling in one of McIntire’s world-class programs, or simply looking to learn more.
An integral component of the School’s diversity programming, the EY-sponsored programs seek to foster a strong, diverse community at McIntire, and offer a range of high-value events, both formal and informal, designed to engage minority students, women, and others.
- Welcome session for new students
- Application information session
- EY Business Skills Development Conference
- Social events with new and current students
- Specialized support, tutoring, networking and engagement with the Black Commerce Student Network and the Latino Student Network
- Practical business workshops offered to all McIntire students (e.g., dressing for an interview, dining etiquette, and networking skills)