Pride at McIntire promotes the understanding, inclusion, and success of LGBTQ people at the McIntire School by engaging and collaborating with LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff and McIntire Allies. The organization's goals fall into three categories:
- Inform and empower Allies to actively engage with LGBTQ issues and people
- Increase LGBTQ representation and visibility among the McIntire student body, faculty, and staff
- Create spaces and networks within McIntire where LGBTQ people can be their true, authentic selves
- Host social events for out, closeted, and questioning students
- Partner with Commerce Career Services and the University Career Center to find and promote LGBTQ-specific opportunities
- Act as a bridge between recruiters and LGBTQ students interested in business
- Facilitate mentorship between current LGBTQ McIntire students and LGBTQ McIntire alumni
- Relay LGBTQ-specific resources and opportunities (e.g., scholarships and conferences) to students
Ongoing Events and Activities
Workshops: With the UVA LGBTQ Center, Pride promotes workshops to provide community members with the tools to create an environment that is inclusive and welcoming to LGBTQ people, whether in the classroom, in the workplace, or in their personal lives.
"Out at Work" panels: Partnering with corporate sponsors and other McIntire student organizations, professionals share their stories about what it’s like to be out in the workplace. Community members are also encouraged to be an effective ally to LGBTQ causes at work.
Questions about Pride at McIntire? Please contact Assistant Director Deanna Williams at email@example.com.