Build Your Business Skills, Jumpstart Your Career
The McIntire Business Institute, a business certificate program offered by the McIntire School of Commerce Foundation, is an intensive, high-value program that delivers a world-class business curriculum in an abridged version designed especially for non-business students. This outstanding program provides sound preparation for careers in business and industry, and may also serve as a useful first step in exploring post-graduation business studies.
Admission and Certification
Applicants must have completed at least two years of undergraduate education.
Students who successfully finish the program receive a business certificate from the McIntire School Foundation attesting to their understanding and mastery of the course content, and students whose participation is exceptional receive awards of outstanding achievement.
MBI Details at a Glance
- At the top-rated McIntire School of Commerce at UVA
- Less than half the price of competitive programs ††
- Courses in accounting, finance and Excel, marketing, and management
- Offered in three formats: academic year, summer, and online
- Admissions considers GPA and academic background
Academic Year: Applications due July 30
Offered August - April in Charlottesville. A popular choice for UVA students; meets Fridays, 11 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Summer Program: Applications due April 30
Offered mid-May to late June in Charlottesville. Summer business program, with approximately 75 students from colleges and universities around the world. Meets Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Online Program: Applications for the upcoming online summer session due May 10
A 15- week, accelerated online business certificate program ideal for students unable to attend in-classroom sessions, recent grads, and working professionals. Applications are due two weeks prior to the start date. Learn more about the online program.
For More Information:
Email email@example.com or call 434-924-7010.
†† Compared with Dartmouth College’s 2013 business certificate tuition of $13,397 and Cornell University’s 2013 business certificate program of $12,705.
Academic Year Program
- Program runs from August 28th, 2015 - April 29th, 2016
- Applications due July 30, 2015
- Program runs from May 26th, 2015 - June 24th, 2015
- Applications due April 30, 2015
- Summer online program runs from May 24th, 2015 - September 5th, 2015
- Fall online program runs from September 6th, 2015 - December 19th, 2015
- Spring program runs from January 17th, 2016 - May 7th, 2016
- Applications for all online programs are due two weeks prior to the start date.