Build Your Business Skills, Jumpstart Your Career
The McIntire Business Institute, a business certificate program offered by the UVA McIntire School of Commerce, is an intensive, high-value program that delivers a world-class business curriculum in an abridged version designed especially for non-business students. This outstanding program provides sound preparation for careers in business and industry, and may also serve as a useful first step in exploring post-graduation business studies.
Admission and Certification
Applicants must have completed at least two years of undergraduate education.
Students who successfully finish the program receive a business certificate from the University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce attesting to their understanding and mastery of the course content, and students whose participation is exceptional receive awards of outstanding achievement.
MBI Details at a Glance
- At the top-rated McIntire School of Commerce at UVA
- Less than half the price of competitive programs ††
- Courses in accounting, finance and Excel, marketing, and management
- Offered in three formats: academic year, summer, and online
- Admissions considers GPA and academic background
Academic Year: Applications for the 2015-2016 program due July 30, 2015.
Offered August - April in Charlottesville. A popular choice for UVA students; meets Fridays, 11 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Summer Program: Applications for the summer 2016 program due April 30, 2016.
Offered mid-May to late June in Charlottesville. Summer business program, with approximately 75 students from colleges and universities around the world. Meets Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Online Program: Applications for the upcoming fall online session due Aug. 25, 2015.
A 15-week, accelerated online business certificate program ideal for students unable to attend in-classroom sessions, recent grads, and working professionals. Applications are due two weeks prior to the start date. Learn more about the online program.
For More Information:
Email email@example.com or call 434-243-2038 .
†† Compared with Dartmouth College’s 2013 business certificate tuition of $13,397 and Cornell University’s 2013 business certificate program of $12,705.
- Program runs Aug. 28, 2015 - April 29, 2016
- Applications due July 30, 2015
- Program runs May 31 - June 29, 2016
- Applications due May 1, 2016
- Fall online program runs Sept. 6 - Dec. 19, 2015
- Spring online program runs Jan. 17 - May 7, 2016
- Summer online program runs May 29 - Sept. 10, 2016
- Applications for all online programs due two weeks before the start date