The Careers in Finance Series provides all UVA second-year students an introduction to the array of careers within the financial services industry and opportunities to network with employers across the finance industry. Participants in the series will have an opportunity to:
- Develop industry knowledge and skills that increase career readiness
- Learn about opportunities with those financial firms interested in tapping UVA talent
- Network with alumni and industry partners to understand firm culture and expectations
- Develop a feel for “career fit” and possible career paths within the finance industry
Careers in Finance is primarily educational in nature and open to all second-year UVA students. Officially kicking off with a fall conference, CIF includes a series of educational and recruiting-related programs, skills-based workshops, a speaker series, and experiential city treks throughout the academic year.
If you are a student and have questions about the CIF Series, contact Commerce Career Services.
2018 - 2019 Careers in Finance Series
- Nov. 10: Financial Statement Analysis Workshop sponsored by J.P. Morgan REGISTER
(Please note that if you register for this workshop, you are also committing to and will be automatically signed up for the Investment Banking Interview Preparation presentation, also on Nov. 10).
- Nov. 10: Investment Banking Interview Preparation presented by J.P. Morgan REGISTER for 10 a.m. session | REGISTER for 1 p.m. session
- Nov. 15-16: Careers in Finance Conference REGISTER
- Jan. 7-10: Careers in Finance New York City trek REGISTER
- Feb. 20: Technology & Finance Panel REGISTER
- Feb. 23: Corporate Valuation Workshop sponsored by Wells Fargo REGISTER
- March 6: Virtual Interview Preparation & Networking REGISTER
- March 11-15: Careers in Finance San Francisco trek REGISTER
- March 23: Financial Modeling Workshop REGISTER
- April 10: Women in Finance Panel REGISTER
The 2018-2019 Careers in Finance Series is generously supported by corporate sponsors: Altria, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Centerbridge Partners, Guggenheim Partners, J. P. Morgan, Moelis & Co., Reorg Research, Sands Capital, and Wells Fargo.
If your firm is interested in participating in the Careers in Finance Series, contact Allison Teweles, Assistant Dean for Corporate & Foundation Relations.