Research on sociocognitive and behavioral role constraints on “star” leaders by Jeffrey Lovelace was featured in a recent Academy of Management Insights article titled "Celebrity CEOs Often Get Typecast into One of Four Roles."
Since 2017, Jeffrey Boichuk and his undergraduate Marketing students have been partnering with The Juice Laundry to develop strategies that the organic juice and smoothie bar can use to market its sustainable business practices and educate consumers. Read more about how he is giving his students an inside look at a sustainable, environmentally friendly business that also turns a profit in a Marc 5, 2019, UVA Today article titled "Seeking a Real-World Case Study, One Commerce Professor Turned to The Corner."
Tom Bateman says that business surely can slow down the climate train that already has left the station and offers tips on how organizations and the people in them also can change direction onto a better path to a stronger, sustainable future in a Jan. 16, 2019, GreenBiz article titled “5 Ways to Create a Strong Sustainability Culture.”
David C. Smith, along with UVA colleagues Associate Professor of Internal Medicine Costi Sifri and Infectious Diseases Clinical Fellow Greg Madden, are recipients of a $5,000 Innovation Grant from UVA’s Global Infectious Diseases Institute. The three are studying the costs associated with over-testing and over-diagnosing the bacterial infection Clostridium difficile, a leading healthcare-associated infection that can cause potentially dangerous bowel disorders.
Tom Bateman offers recommendations on how we can work more aggressively and collaboratively than ever before to stop climate change in a Dec. 12, 2018, GreenBiz article titled “How to Create a Sense of Urgency around Sustainability and Climate Action.”
Derick Davis details the psychology behind how we approach holiday shopping in a Nov. 29, 2018, UVA Lifetime Learning article, “New Insights on How We Shop.”
Carrie Heilman has been named as one of 2018's top 50 undergraduate business professors by Poets&Quants For Undergrads.
Named 2019 Young Scholars by the Marketing Science Institute (MSI), Derick Davis and Irina Kozlenkova are two of a select group of the best young marketing academics.
Bob Webb gave keynote speeches at finance conferences in Auckland, New Zealand, and Denver in August in Busan, Korea, in September and in Shanghai in October. He also gave presentations to finance faculty at Nanjing University in Nanjing, China, in June and at the University of Western Australia, in Perth, Australia, in August:
- “What Drives Success in Derivatives Markets,” International Conference on Futures and Other Derivative Markets, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, October 2018. Keynote address.
- “Global Financial Centers: Lessons from the Past,” Fifth Busan Global Finance Forum, Busan, Korea, September 2018. Keynote address.
- “What Drives Success in Derivatives Markets,” International Commodities Symposium, JPMorgan Center for Commodities, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, August 2018. Keynote address.
- “Trading and Privately Generated Information,” Auckland Derivatives Markets Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, August 2018. Keynote address.
- “Nascent Trends in Derivative Markets Research,” University of Western Australia Business School, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, August 2018.
- “The Market Test,” Myron Scholes Financial Forum, School of Management and Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, June 2018.
Education website Course Hero spotlighted how students in Jeffrey Boichuk's "Customer Analytics" course are using data analytics to inform business decisions and contributing to the success of a growing startup in its "Best Lesson" series Sept. 29, 2018.