The purpose of the Leadership Minor is to transform how you think about leadership and to develop the skills needed to lead people and organizations in today’s complex global environment. With this minor, you'll supplement the intellectual depth in your chosen fields of study and enhance your contributions within these fields by leveraging leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities in your work.
Application Process and Timeline
- Eligibility: Students enroll in COMM 2600 in the spring of their second year and must be in the process of completing four semesters of full-time coursework at a college or university.
- Timeline: The application is available Jan. 20, 2021, and is due March 11, 2021, at noon. Decisions will be released March 25, 2021.
- Application components: The application includes 1) your academic information (transcript), 2) a summary of three meaningful activities, and 3) a short essay prompt.
- Academic potential: Will you thrive while taking these rigorous courses and completing another major, and have you engaged academically across disciplines?
- Commitment to individual development: Do you have a track record of individual commitment to improving your leadership knowledge, skills and abilities?
- Diversity of experience: How have your experiences furthered your own growth? How will they contribute to others’ growth in the minor?