The purpose of the Leadership Minor is to transform how you think about leadership and to develop the skills needed to lead people and organizations in today’s complex global environment. With this minor, you'll supplement the intellectual depth in your chosen fields of study and enhance your contributions within these fields by leveraging leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities in your work.
Application Process & Timeline
- Eligibility: Students enroll in COMM 2600 in the spring of their second year and must be in the process of completing four semesters of full-time coursework at a college or university.
- Timeline: The application is available April 15 and is due May 15, 2020, at noon.
- Application components: The application includes 1) your academic information (transcript), 2) a summary of four developmental activities, and 3) a short essay prompt.
- Academic potential: Will you thrive while taking these rigorous courses and completing another major, and have you engaged academically across disciplines?
- Commitment to individual development: Do you have a track record of individual commitment to improving your leadership knowledge, skills and abilities?
- Diversity of experience: How have your experiences furthered your own growth? How will they contribute to others’ growth in the minor?