McIntire School faculty and staff are encouraged to learn about the technology solutions provided by the School's technology team. The lists below will get you started on the right path, but feel free to contact the Help Desk with specific inquiries if you cannot locate the information you need here.
Technology Overview for Faculty and Staff (PDF, 2.5 Mb)
Technology Available to Commerce Faculty and Staff
- Access to McIntire's technology-equipped facilities
- The McIntire virtual private network for access to McIntire resources when outside of Rouss & Robertson Halls
- Network storage on the F and G drives
- A McIntire e-mail account
- Various software resources
- CADRE (Computation and Data Resource Exchange, a one-stop-shop list of software, services, training opportunities, storage solutions, and computational hardware available to UVA researchers, offered by UVA's Office of the Vice President for Information Technology)
What to Do
- Visit the Accounts & Systems site for an introduction to your McIntire user account.
- Visit the Research section to learn about McIntire's many research offerings.
- Visit the McIntire virtual private network (VPN) section to learn how to set up your home computer for use with McIntire's technology resources from outside of Rouss & Robertson Halls.
- Visit ITS to learn how to Connect to UVA Wireless.
- Peruse the How To section to learn how to set up other devices you may have, such as an iPhone, for use with software like McIntire e-mail.