Connecting to a VPN
A McIntire or UVA VPN is required to connect to many School and/or University resources. Connection instructions:
- Teams is a platform for asynchronous text chat, live video/audio conferencing, file sharing, and more. It's part of the Office 365 suite, meaning you sign in with your COMMBADGE credentials and have access to your email, calendar, contacts, etc. from within the app. If you've ever used Slack or similar collaboration tools, you'll be comfortable using Teams.
- All McIntire faculty/staff (and students) can use Teams, either via a browser (teams.microsoft.com) or by using the Microsoft Teams app for Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android. Sign in with your COMMBADGE credentials. (Please note: at this time, Teams is McIntire-only; it cannot be used to communicate with people outside of the School.)
- A specific Team has been set up for McIntire supervisors. Join here.
Suggested remote working resources from UVA HR and Organizational Excellence
- UVA HR COVID-19 resource page
- Harvard Business Review, How to Get People to Actually Participate in Virtual Meetings
- LinkedIn Learning, Executive Presence on Video Conference Calls
- Inc.com, Tips for Conducting a Virtual Meeting
- Virtual Liberating Structures: An Introduction to Online Interactions
- Journey of Collaboration, Virtual Hosting Webinar
- Helping Remote Leaders Succeed In a Virtual Workplace - a collection of YouTube videos for leaders by the Virtual Leadership Institute
- Telework resources on the VA DHRM Coronavirus Information Webpage
Working from Home with Kids
- How to get your kids to do their schoolwork while getting your own work done - UVA Today article with Education professor Gail Lovette
- How to be productive working from home as a parent - Glassdoor article
If you have suggestions of other resources that should be posted to this page, please email Eric Rzeszut.