Students in the Financial Reporting & Assurance Track are prepared to effectively address the varied accounting problems they will face in the professional field. McIntire covers a broad array of relevant topics, including financial statement preparation issues, financial statement analysis, derivatives, and auditing.
Curriculum includes five Financial Reporting & Assurance courses over the year, in addition to one course from the Tax Consulting Track and four additional electives. This allows students to focus on assurance and reporting as a specialty, but also provides exposure to other relevant topics.
- GCOM 7320 Accounting Policy
- GCOM 7380 Data Management and Analytics for Accountants
- GCOM 7400 Leading for Success in the Accounting Profession (1.5 credits)
- GCOM 7641 Communicating Effectively as Accounting Professionals (1.5 credits)
Two of the following:
- GCOM 7342 Judgment and Decision Making in Accounting
- GCOM 7371 Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- GCOM 7430 Taxation of Partnerships and Flow-Through Entities
- GCOM 7520 Introduction to Cybersecurity
- COMM 5130 Advanced Financial Accounting
- COMM 5140 Strategic Cost Management
- COMM 5700 Financial Trading
- GCOM 7340 Corporate Financial Reporting
- GCOM 7360 Forensic Accounting
- GCOM 7420 Taxes and Business Strategy
Electives from the following:
- GCOM 7480 Legal Liability and the Regulation of Accountants (1.5 credits)
- COMM 5559 Government and Non-Profit Accounting (1.5 credits)
- GCOM 7341 Accounting for Derivatives
- GCOM 7410 Tax Research
- GCOM 7440 Taxation of Corporations and Their Shareholders' Transactions
- GCOM 7490 Negotiating for Value
- GCOM 7621 Managing Sustainable Development: Business Solutions to Global Challenges
- GCOM 7770 Information Technology in Finance
- Global Commerce Immersion (GCI) courses are offered in J term and spring term.
(More information about GCI courses can be found here. These courses require an application process and additional course fees.)
"Every McIntire professor was exceptional in helping me understand the difficult concepts in class. I knew the faculty and staff truly cared about my well-being and success in the program."
Staff 1 Auditor, Ernst & Young (New York)