Information technology is a critical and strategic resource that businesses today can’t exist, let alone thrive, without. Used to collect and analyze unprecedented amounts of data at incredible speed, IT is often a main component in the most exciting product and process innovations. As the economy shifts more and more to cloud computing, the storage and collection of big data, and information security, McIntire IT students are tremendously in demand by businesses across industries.
IT concentration coursework focuses on project management, consulting, financial systems, innovation, database management, business analytics, big data, and e-commerce.
Typical coursework includes classes such as:
- Product and Project Management
- Database Management Systems and Business Intelligence
- Information Technology in Finance
- Digital Innovation
- Digital Safari
- Business Analytics (also offered with R or Python)
- Intro to Cybersecurity
- Global Commerce Immersion: IT Project Practicum in Argentina
- Global Commerce Immersion: Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the "Start-Up Nation": Israel
- Global Digital Divide
Course offerings are subject to change each semester.