We aim to recruit, support, and educate a community as diverse as the global workforce, and to celebrate the possibilities of our shared talents.
Diversity is a collection of characteristics that enrich our community by:
- Challenging assumptions
- Removing barriers
- Inspiring thoughtful discussion
- Contributing to the development of innovative solutions
In diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities, all members feel fully engaged and know that their contribution matters, both in and out of the classroom.
Open Doors, Open Minds
At McIntire, we prioritize inclusion because we know that communities flourish when good people, ideas and differences come together and engage in meaningful exchanges. As we work to recruit, support, and educate a community as diverse as the global workforce, our initiatives focus on three broad areas developed in our Strategic Diversity Plan.
Recruiting a Diverse Community
We actively recruit students, faculty, and staff who:
- Enrich our classrooms through a diversity of thought and experience
- Challenge assumptions and biases,
- Add to a respectful dialogue about the meaning of success and responsibility as business professionals and leaders
Fostering a Supportive Environment
We empower all members of the McIntire community to:
- Acknowledge unique experiences and value differences
- Engage more fully in and out of the classroom
- Collaborate to break down barriers that limit potential and impede success
Educating Everyone, Every Day
Through educational programming and engagements, we work every day to educate our entire community to:
- Learn from the talents and perspectives of all students, faculty, and staff
- Acknowledge and respect differences
- Be able to identify and understand implicit bias
- Recognize the positive impact of diversity and inclusion on teams and performance in the workplace
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at UVA
A UVA community rich in diversity affords every member equal respect—and provides a forum for understanding our differences as well as our commonalities.