Our mission at McIntire is to recruit, support, and educate a community as diverse as the global workforce, and to celebrate the unlimited possibilities of our shared talents.
Why It Matters in Business
- According to McKinsey’s research, gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers, and ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same.
- Catalyst research found that companies with more women on the board statistically outperform their peers over a long period of time.
- Deloitte Australia research shows that inclusive teams outperform their peers by 80% in team-based assessments.
Because the best plans flourish when good people, ideas, and differences come together, McIntire makes robust diversity and inclusion initiatives a priority.
How We Make It Happen
As a top business school driven to prepare students to thrive in the highly diverse and global workplace, the McIntire experience must expose all community members to the value of diversity, equity and inclusion. To ensure the long-term success of the McIntire community and all community members, McIntire must embed these qualities into hiring and recruiting; performance management; faculty, staff, and student development; and curriculum innovation. Through a Valuing Differences mindset, McIntire and its community members will continue to excel and differentiate themselves in the complex and competitive global business environment.
What Is McIntire's Definition of Diversity and Inclusion?
- Diversity is a collection of unique characteristics, both seen and unseen, that enrich our community by challenging assumptions, inspiring thoughtful discussion, and contributing to the development of innovative solutions.
- Diversity works when our community is inclusive, acknowledging and removing barriers to empower all our members to engage fully and to contribute in and out of the classroom.
Diversity at UVA
A University of Virginia community rich in diversity affords every member equal respect – and provides a forum for understanding our differences as well as our commonalities.