The application process is designed to provide us with the opportunity to get to know you as a prospective M.S. Global Commerce student and future McIntire community member. We look forward to learning about your prior academic and professional experiences as well as your motivation for graduate study!
To guide you through the process – we’ve developed a list of steps we encourage you to take and included helpful information to give you a sense of what to expect before, during, and after the application process.
Before You Apply
- Check your eligibility and familiarize yourself with our entering class profile.
- Attend an admissions event to learn more about our program. We offer information sessions, opportunities to visit class, and events to help you connect with members of our community.
- Read the M.S. Global Commerce student blog and connect with current M.S. in Global Commerce students.
- Begin exploring ways to finance your graduate studies.
- Schedule an advising appointment to speak with a member of our Graduate Marketing & Admissions Team.
Preparing Your Application
- Review the M.S. in Global Commerce admissions requirements and checklist and get a sense of the items you’ll need to prepare for submission.
- Review the M.S. in Global Commerce deadlines and determine when you plan to submit your application materials.
After Submitting Your Application
- Track your application progress by using the online Application Status page. We encourage you to keep copies of all materials submitted for your personal files.
- Confirm that your application is complete. All required materials outlined in the application checklist must be on file in order to review your application and render a final decision.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to interview following a preliminary review of their application materials. All interviews are conducted by an admissions committee member via Zoom and should be scheduled and completed by the Interview Completion Date for your round of submission.
- While evaluating your application materials, the Admissions Committee may be in touch with a request for additional information to include the completion of an additional step(s); this may include submission of a test score, an additional letter of recommendation, an interview, etc. If requested, we ask that you please provide the requested information or complete the requested step needed to complete your application review.
- Your admissions decision will be posted to your Application Status page and you will receive an email message indicating that your decision is available. If your offer of admission includes a scholarship, the information regarding your scholarship will be included with your official offer at the time of admission.
Enrollment Steps for Admitted Students
Submit your online enrollment agreement and $2,500 non-refundable enrollment deposit, to be made in two installments.
Candidates who accept their offer of admission must submit their online enrollment agreement as well as $1,000 non-refundable deposit to reserve their place in the class and initiate their UVA student account. A second and final non-refundable deposit of $1,500 is required to confirm your place in the class. Please refer to the M.S. in Global Commerce deadlines page for specific enrollment deposit submission dates.
Upon enrollment, the entire $2,500 enrollment deposit will be applied to your tuition account.
Due to the UVA tuition billing cycle, admitted candidates who enroll in June and July will submit the initial $1,000 non-refundable deposit needed to initiate their University of Virginia student account; a second deposit is not required and is automatically reflected to the fall tuition bill.
Secure and submit all official documentation. If you applied with unofficial documentation, please make sure that all official transcripts (including proof of degree conferral for December 2022 and May 2023 graduates) as well as applicable standardized test score reports are submitted to Esade Business School no later than Aug. 1, 2023. A member of the Esade Admissions team will contact you directly with information regarding the process for submission.
Register for upcoming admitted student events and look forward to new student communications from our Student Services & Academic Operations team.
Invitations to upcoming admitted student events will be sent to you directly via email.
The M.S. in Global Commerce Program begins with a new student orientation that takes place in August 2023. You will begin to receive admitted student communications and information regarding your program start from McIntire’s Assistant Director of Global Programs, starting in summer 2023.
Requests for deferral are considered on a case-by-case basis and typically granted for reasons of health and/or medical emergency or military service. Deferral requests are typically not granted for financial reasons (e.g., needing more time to secure funding), educational reasons (e.g., studying elsewhere), or work obligations and/or changes to employment status. If requesting a deferral, please submit your written request to the McIntire Graduate Marketing & Admissions Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.